Tuesday, November 25, 2008

You can now schedule your TiVo recordings through your mobile phone

Alright, here is some news that I am pretty excited about. I have a couple of shows that are “Must See TV” for me, and of course I have to watch my beloved Dallas Cowboys on Sunday. I’m a pretty busy gal, though, so 90 percent of the time I am catching said programming after it was recorded on my TiVo. Plus, the games are so much better (and shorter) when you can breeze through the time outs and commercials.

There are times, however, when I am enjoying dinner with friends and a wave of mild panic comes over me when I realize I forgot to set the TiVo for the latest Charlie Brown seasonal special. Somehow, TiVo always solves my problems for me, and this time they have done it by way of a free mobile-phone optimized web site that allows subscribers to schedule recordings directly through the site! Woo hoo! The site can be accessed with any Internet-enabled phone through any network, regardless of carrier. Subscribers and non-subscribers can browse, search and discover new television shows directly through their cell phones. So for all of my fellow TiVo junkies, get on your mobile phones and schedule away!

No comments: